If you’re passionate about software quality and want to help development teams improve, come and join our growing company.
We are BonCode, a team of software quality experts serving corporate and government sector clients in The Netherlands, Europe, the U.S. and worldwide.
We have an informal yet professional working culture dedicated to customer success. Our core DNA is always to provide objective, independent, fact-based insights to our customers.
You are probably a software architect or an experienced software engineer. You have extensive programming experience but want to move beyond day-to-day software engineering.
Software quality is part of your DNA, although you understand the difficulty of balancing the fast delivery of functionality and long-term delivery of maintainable, secure code.
Your New Job
Reporting to our CTO and working in a team of up to three software quality consultants, you will work with around 10-15 clients. Your main duties will include:
- Short-term customer assignments to assess code quality.
- Longer-term software quality monitoring—typically at the end of each sprint—to provide continuous software quality trends and productivity analysis for strategic products.
- You will use our BonCat automated code analysis platform to analyze code quality and produce reports.
- Interviewing clients’ product owners, lead architects, and project leads to understand the technical decisions taken and validate findings.
- Prepare and present findings, presentations, and recommendations to clients’ teams.
- Internally, contribute to BonCode’s tooling, research, and presales activity.
Required Skills and Experience
As a Software Quality Consultant, you must stand “above the code and the parties” and be able to contribute expertise across a wide range of technologies.
BonCode does not prefer one technology or another, but we do expect you to know which technology is more obvious in a given situation.
You know modern software development strategies, frameworks, and general trends in the IT industry. Knowledge and experience with low code (e.g., OutSystems) is an advantage. Knowledge of software metrics is an advantage. Terms such as ISO 25010, ISO 5055, function point analysis, and backfiring should be familiar to you.
We require empathy and communication skills from our consultants, as sometimes you will need to tactfully communicate difficult news to managers and developers. Our customers expect practical and achievable recommendations based on objective measurement, analysis, and interpretation.
You must speak and write fluently in Dutch and English.
Software quality consultants work from home offices, our stylish office at Alexanderstraat in The Hague or our Tech Office in Apeldoorn. Our offices are inspiring and enjoyable environments easily accessible by public transport, bicycle, and car.
What we offer
Above all, we offer an opportunity to encounter many different customers and software systems.
We offer a competitive salary—according to candidates’ skills and experience—ranging from €42,000 – €90,000, five weeks annual holiday plus public holidays. You can join our Employee Participation Plan. For suitable candidates, there are opportunities for further growth in management positions.
For a more detailed job description or to discuss this opportunity, please contact:
- Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: CTO Jeroen Meetsma / +31 6 53 88 26 48
- Phone: CEO Jan Willem Klerkx / +31 6 51 33 35 33